Performer, F4B, Which Manifold?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Performer, F4B, Which Manifold?
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:40:20 -0700
Got an itch to go hunting on Ebay. With a STOCK 289 (well, it is proported
to have the HI-PO 289 cam), close ratio trans (yes, someday I will get the
wide ratios - Steve) and 2:88 gears which manifold "Performer" (not RPM) or
'F4B" is best suited. Not only for the engine, but to fit under a stock hood
with the stock air filter as well. Note: the hood does have an LAT "like"
hood scoop and if really pushed I might be convinced to change the air
cleaner. Thanks for what I'm sure will be varied replies. Tom Witt B9470101