Tiger 0 to 60 mph times?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tiger 0 to 60 mph times?
From: "G Shaw" <emmakita@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 11:35:10 -0400
Hi everyone

I have been playing around with a G-tech pro accelerometer that I got free
with my Wife's BF Goodrich tires. I actually got it because I wanted to see
if my Tiger was faster than my 81 911 but I sold the Porsche befor I got the
G-Tech so I guess I'll never know.

Anyway, I tried a couple of 0 to 60 MPH runs with my Tiger the other day and
I am not that impressed with the results. I did both runs around 7.5
seconds. My Mk 1A has stock gearing in both the trans and rear so launching
was a little underwhelming. The car has the original 260 with an F4B and 460
Holley, headers, and some kind of cam with solid lifters. Should I be
faster?

I am pretty sure I could get faster launches but I don't really like to
abuse the car as the driveline is original and has not been touched since
1975.

The G-Tech will also give you a rear wheel horsepower rating with wind and
rolling resistance if you input vehicle weight. Anybody know about what a
MK1a weighs with soft top, LAT repro hood, and 13 inch alloy wheels
(Shelby)?

Thanks
Greg Shaw