Re: hardtop Dimensions (exact)

To: stephen jones <joness@wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: hardtop Dimensions (exact)
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 19:27:45 -0400
At 09:14 AM 10/3/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>On the slim chance that I ever do find a hardtop I am planning to bring it
>home in my suburban.  (It'll take things 48 inches wide).  From what I can
>tell from the dimension drawings in the old articles it appears to be 48
>inches.  If one of you is very bored and has a hardtop propped up in their
>shop somewhere could you please measure it as if it were a box?  sort of a
>X by Y by Z type of measurement?  thanks so much.  Also if one of you has a
>hard top that  they are willing to sell I am still looking.  In eastern
>Washington we are already below freezing every morning so I guess I am
>starting to get somewhat desperate.  thanks, steve jones,  B9470867

Steve,
        I sort of agree with Jan, a 54 5/8"L X 51"W X20"H inside dimension box
would hold the top; the roof is only 43" wide, If your tail gate goes down
then you could have about 30 inches of the top inside and the rest
(wing windows and rear window) setting on the tail gate.

 Also consider inverting the top, the 48" wide point of the top starts
 about 5" up from the bottom of the wing windows.  So if your car has 48" W
at 15" from the bed and 51 inches wide at 20 inches from the bed plus a bed
length of at least 55" you have it  should fit without a box.
        Best way is to drive your Tiger, install the top and drive
back home.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others