Re: 260

To: "List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 260
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 20:41:33 -0700
August 1965?
That date strikes me as late. That date is very close to the changeover date
for the 1966 model year at Ford. That means that almost all 1965 Mustangs
would have 5 bolt bell housings.  I am very involved in Mustangs and read
the mustang Usenet group daily.  The topic of 5 bolt engines in Mustangs is
virtually a non issue.  This is in contrast to the amount of airplay it gets
here on the Tiger list.
If the above date is true, I would expect to hear a lot more warnings to
Mustang owners when people ask, " I have a 65 Mustang and I want more power,
can I fit a 351 in there."   The answers always focus on shock tower fit and
NEVER on compatibility with existing transmissions.

Call me skeptical.
Erich