Re: Brake line couplers

To: SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com
Subject: Re: Brake line couplers
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 21:05:36 -0400
At 05:32 PM 10/9/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Jim,
>
>I think you have that Bubble-to Bubble adapter already in the stock line
>just under the firewall.
>
>What we need is a bubble to double adapter, of all sexes!!! (8->
>--
>Steve Laifman

 Steve,
        The coupling I believe you are referring to consists of
a double ended external threaded portion and the Tiger brake lines
have a rather large (9/16"across flats)internally threaded nut on the
line to mate.  The flare at the large nut end is a double flare, not a British
bubble flare.  There is however, a bubble flare on the far end of the
line.   You will find this same type of large internally threaded
nut and double flare at the point where the front flexable brake hoses
join to the steel lines and where the steel lines join the rear end
flex line.
    Likewise one of the flares on the right rear wheel cylinder is a
double flare (with regular externally threaded fitting) while the other
is a British bubble flare.

        The EDELEMAN fitting I aquired to join British bubble flares
was simply a double ended threaded fitting with the proper taper
on the inside to mate with the bubbles at each end.  It was designed
specifically to join British bubble lines.  The fitting on the
British Bubble lines was the same as that that goes into the Girling
Master cylinder.

        Using a RIGID # 345 flaring tool one can simply convert the bubble
to double flare and use a regular US coupler to join two lines.
No cutting required if the old lines are in good shape.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others