Re: Delron bushing warning

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Delron bushing warning
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@home.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:19:30 -0600
Dave,
With all due respect, it would be nice if you'd research your stuff a
little before blasting it to the list. The new BUSHINGS that SS sells
are polyurethane, not "polyprolene" (I assume you meant polypropylene)
or "polystrylene" (polystyrene?). Furthermore, since all stress cracks
in any member stressed in a bending load originate at the surface and
propagate inward, the fulcrum pins will show the cracks for some time
interval  (this depending on the amount of load applied) before they
ultimately fail.

Having said that, your warnings are valid, and it's a good reminder to
those not completely familiar with the Tiger's front suspension and the
compromises that Rootes made to get the Ford engine into the chassis.
I'd be more worried about the Tigers that are still equipped with those
ill-conceived aftermarket wrist pins that have the mounting bolt reliefs
machined incorrectly. Those are a disaster waiting to happen, Delrin
bushings or not.

Theo