Floor jack saddle

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Floor jack saddle
From: stephen jones <joness@wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:08:24 -0700
All this talk of fulcrum pins and bushings and the front ends of Tigers
falling off has caused me to want to take a little closer look under mine.
As I was getting the front end off the ground yesterday I remembered a guy
(Marsh?) in Hawthorne (LA?) that welds up saddles for floor jacks that fit
the front cross member in a way that the car won't slip off of it when
lowering it back down.  Is he still doing this?  Is the price still $25?
Do they work?  I never saw a lot of responses to Steve Sage's question on
jacking points so I apologize if this one has been hashed over recently but
getting a Tiger in the air always seems scarier than it should be.  thanks,
 steve jones B9470867