Re: Tigers United wishlist . . .

To: tjordan@wagnerprocess.com
Subject: Re: Tigers United wishlist . . .
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:14:04 EDT
You have listed on your wishlist some very touchy areas
that will invoke hours of argument.

I am a supporter of using a National SAAC style for
judging concurs.  I also advocate that concurs should be
for 'stock' cars.  Stock being defined as those cars
built on the Rootes assembly line for distribution and
sale through dealers.  Yes this definition excludes many
revered Tigers from stock class.  At the TE/AE United
the 1st place stock was won by a no bucks spared
restoration of one of the ex-Rootes rallye cars.  There
was nothing to judge in many stock areas.  For instance
take the trunk.  There was no trunk deck, no side panels,
no spare, no jack, no tools, no battery tray or hold down,
no battery vent hose, etc.  This was exactly the way
Rootes built it.  But this car was not built on the assembly
line.  It was hand built by Rootes for rallye competition and
it was not street legal.  Yes, that means the LeMans Tigers
are not stock Tigers when it comes to concurs.  And rightly
so.  There is not much in them that other Tigers share.
I think including them in a stock class does a disservice to
the many owners who are trying to make their cars as
stock as possible.  Just my lonely opinion.

I also would not require a TAC certificate for judging.  I am a
supporter of TAC and in fact my Tiger is Tac'ed.  By with all
due respect to Tom Hal, TAC is a STOA administered
program and really is just a very expert opinion that the
car in question is a Tiger.  Also while it may not mean
much to you guys on the left coast, getting a Tiger TAC'ed
in the Midwest is almost impossible due to lack of
inspectors.  Also I am afraid that you will be setting a
standard that would require TAC for all Tigers in stock
in the up and coming SUNI IV.

Why not have offer to have every Tiger in stock TAC'ed.
This could expand the data base.  Of course arrangements
with the TAC group would be required.  I believe that is
what will be proposed at the TE/AE United XXIII in
Charleston, SC.  Details are pending.

I recommend that you also consider the SAAC method
of gold, silver, and bronze based on total points scored.
There can be more that one trophy awarded.

Also I firmly believe that only stock cars should be
concurs judged.  All other classes should be popular
vote.  This would reduce the work load of the judges.

Again, just one man's opinion.

Dave Johnson B382002668(under repair) Aurora, IL