Ignition

To: "The List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 22:04:07 -0800
Listers. Have just got the "new" 302 for the Tiger back from the workshop and
need some advice on recommended ignition systems. It is equipped with standard
heads, Edelbrock 500 cfm carb, Performer manifold, Performer-plus cam and
headers. The car will mainly be used for low-rpm cruising, but also the
inevitable "show-offs". I look for a pointless system, not necessarily of the
"performance" type. What's your recommendations?

Jostein in Norway

Jostein,

I'm running a similar system to Theo. An MSD 6AL, A blaster 3 coil and an MSD
trigger in an MSD Billet distributor. A very stable and expensive system.

I previously used a Pertronics trigger in a stock recurved Ford distributor to
control the MSD spark box and the Pertronics system was very dependable. As I
recall, the Pertronics trigger cost me about $50.00.

I've also run a Crane CDI box with an optical trigger and it broke down
relatively quickly. I wouldn't recommend that one.

I am running with no Vacuum advance, 26 degrees full mechanical advance, all
in by 2500 RPM, set at 12 degrees static

Good Luck!

MS
'66 Tiger