Re: The HIGH cost of restoration

To: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The HIGH cost of restoration
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 01:33:26 -0800
Just a little note for those of you out there like Tom and myself who have
done a fair amount of grinding.  Most places who do MRI's will ask this, but
I've noted that if you don't fit the profile from your work description or
title, often enough it gets skipped.  If you have done ANY grinding, it's
worth it to get your eyes tested before doing an MRI that's required.  If you
have even very tiny metal particles embedded in your eyes that are not an
irritant (so you don't know it), when that magnetic field hits, they start
moving,perhaps rapidly, with most unpleasant consequences.  I had to ask for
the test on my last MRI (sports + age = orthopedist's dream), so don't forget
this.

                           Chris Hill