Re: A Bumpy Ride

To: SJC Worldwide <ssage@SoCal.RR.com>
Subject: Re: A Bumpy Ride
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:40:54 -0800
Steve,

I had a similar problem with new Continental high performance wide tires
on my 911S Porsche. New Porsche mag wheels, new tires, dealer installed
and balanced.

To make a long story short, after many tries at balancing and aligning
we finally found the answer - the wheels where perfect - The tires were
not round!!!!

There are tire rounding lathe like machines that mount the wheel, spin
them and cut the excess tread away with a fast rotating sharp cup.

Lost a lot of rubber that was where it shouldn't have been, and ended up
with less tread depth. But, the problem disappeared.
--
Steve Laifman
(http://www.TigersUnited.com/gallery/stevelaifman.asp)