Drive Line Hoop

To: "Adin,David" <DavidAdin@mercydurango.org>
Subject: Drive Line Hoop
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:43:32 -0500
Dave and Others.  I had some off line experiences of others who have had
universal joint failure in their driveline.  Some were Funny, like Steve L,
but others not so funny.

Anyway, I purchased the Universal Hoop from Summit for $30 or $35.  It is
very sturdy, being made of 1/4" thick steel, to meet NRHA rules.

To fit it in the Tiger tunnel, I heated it with a torch, as it is too thick
to bend in my vise.  I then bent and cut 2 angle brackets from the original
universal brackets supplied, and bolted it to the tunnel and floor, with
supplied bolts and washers.

The bottom half of the hoop, can by unbolted from below if needed, but you
have access to the driveline, and can remove the driveshaft, without
removing the hoop.

Larry