Anti-Virus Software for XP (No Tiger Content)

To: "Tiger List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anti-Virus Software for XP (No Tiger Content)
From: "Shaun Laughy (E-mail 3)" <TigerV8@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 20:09:56 -0800
In consideration of the virus scares we have had over the past few days, I'm
sure that a few people will be going out to either buy an anti-virus
software for the first time, or to buy an upgrade.  I'll quickly plug
Norton, as I have had nothing but positive experience with their product,
and can't count the times that I have heard about something getting past
McAfee but being stopped by Norton.  I can't ever recall hearing the
opposite, although I'm sure it has happened.

In any case, if you do decide to buy Norton AV, please be aware that only
Norton AntiVirus 2002 is compatible with Windows XP.  I had a previous
edition that would not install with XP, so I got the newest version and am
very satisfied with the product.  I mention this only because the Norton AV
2001 was still being sold on the shelf next to 2002 -- and for the same
price!  The boxes look very similar, so, if you think you might want to
upgrade to XP, make sure you get the new edition.

FWIW,
Shaun