waste of money

To: <BlueGolfer@aol.com>
Subject: waste of money
From: "Tim Jordan" <tjordan@wagnerprocess.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 23:21:53 -0800
> What a waste of money.
> Rob

Rob,

Sounds like sour grapes to me.  Let me guess... You and the other
complaintants thought TBON was a rip-off  at $50.

Where were you guys when Norm, Rick(Sunbeam Spec.) and others took 6-7 years
to sell the 1000 copies at a giveaway price?  Unless you just got into
Tigers within the last two years, there is no excuse for not purchasing what
many consider the essential Tiger book.  Hell, I could not afford to pay
$400 for TBON today, but I would respect the effort to research and compile
what is inside the Book and it's value to others.

Are you pissed at IBM because you thought their stock was overvalued in the
1960's and now it is selling at 50 times more?  What a waste of money that
Cobra was.  They wanted $400 more than the Rootes dealer would sell me a
Tiger for!

Your comment shows a complete lack of any cognitive thought.  Do you have an
axe to grind or are you just cheap?  Let me take another guess...  You have
never had to ask for any advice regarding the operation and repair of your
Tiger.  Your Tiger runs like a top and looks like a stock concour queen.
Your Tiger has spent it's entire life on the East Coast and is rust-free!
This all happened without a workshop manual, without assistance from any of
the clubs, and without any reference material.  Oh yes!  All those
horsepower gains you achieved happened through your own experimentation and
at little or no cost.

How much would you spend to play a (Blue)golf round at Pebble Beach or Pine
Valley?  I've play both several times!!  What do you have to show for
another round of shooting 8 strokes over your handicap, except a fading
memory of a couple good shots?  I guess the picture of you on the first tee
is all that is left of your $400 day on the links.

I'll take my copy of TBON for its fun reading, Tiger Registry information,
LAT and stock option details, as well as the precise information on how the
cars were built.  At this years Tigers United, I did notice the
concour(aghumm)judge anxiously turning pages of TBON as if it was his first
Playboy!   He and the contestants probably didn't think it was a waste of
money.
Finally,  my investment in TBON has provides hours of entertainment and has
outperformed my IBM stock over the last two years!

Tim

PS. If your in the Bay Area let me know, and I will get you on The Olympic
Club Lake Course(US Open).  Sorry, you will have to "waste" your own money
for the green fees.  I'll treat you to after round drinks and a quick
glimpse of my BON.