Re: LAT 25 Hood scoop & air duct

To: Roger Brother <rogerbrother@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: LAT 25 Hood scoop & air duct
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 12:42:25 -0800
Roger Brother wrote:

> page 115 of performance tuning seems to say otherwise.

Roger,

Yes, there is a picture I have seen in Gordon's great book. What I said
was it is not listed in the dealer catalog of LAT options, as shown on
the site, and I have never personally seen one.

IMHO, if they were available, they are not very good looking. I presume
that there are enough after market generic scoops that look similar and
can be pop-riveted to the 8" hole you cut in your original steel hood.
Any sheet metal shop can bend the internal "scoops" for the outlet, that
get their own pop rivets.

Everyone is entitled to their own personal taste. This one just does not
fit my own prejudices about beauty.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman