Re: LAT 25 Hood scoop & air duct

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: LAT 25 Hood scoop & air duct
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 16:40:26 -0800
DJoh797014@aol.com wrote:

> Face it.  Some of the vaunted LAT options were
> made by small shops for racing applications.

Yes, actually specifically intended to have better track performance.
The "small shops" like were actually rather good sized, including Edlebrock.

> While the West Coasters made up their own
> options (Intake Manifolds with TIGER) and
> assigned them LAT numbers, the East Coasters
> stuck with name brand options.

The "Benevides" design was the same one he made that said "COBRA" of it,
and was made for Shelby. The later replacement, Edelbrock, was and is a
large foundry.

>  If you lived
> near the Big Apple, they were referred to as
> LIT options (Long Island Tiger) since they were
> sold there.
>
> Dave Johnson

The LAT could be ordered to be supplied on the car an were installed on
the Official Rootes Production Line they had in Los Angles, hence LAT
options, and were allowed to be raced as a Factory Stock class. This
included a LOT of stuff, as shown in many sources including
http://www.TigersUnited.com.

They were available thru the Eastern dealers, as I have the East Coast
dealer catalog with the same options. There were a few clothing items
that were only sold there. Anything "LIT" or any other source could not
be in the factory stock class.

--
Steve Laifman
Editor