FW: Dipstick tube removal

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Dipstick tube removal
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 00:08:04 -0600
Chris,
Well you have 2 ways to remove the tube stub still in the Timing cover.  1
remove the cover and punch it out with punch from the inside 2 Use a slide
hammer and make an adapter for the end of the hammer that resembles a
quarter inch bolt that has been ground down at the head to produce an edge
that is sharp that will be able to "hook" the edge if the tube from the
inside that can be pushed down from above and then can be held against the
inside edge of the tube. Keep pressure against the side if the tube and
lightly slide hammer it out. It worked for me on a small block Chevy years
ago when I did not want to remove the pan. If you tape a strong magnet to it
will likely help in preventing any metal particle to fall into the pan.
Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings