Re: Welding ... kinda long but I got carried away

To: Chris Thompson <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Subject: Re: Welding ... kinda long but I got carried away
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 02:14:09 -0500
Hi Chris.  Thanks again, this time for the neat site.  I just started to
look through it, and impressive.

I will be making a cold air box for the carb/air cleaner soon.  My
bodyman made a 2nd hood, with a reverse air scoop, in metal, with a oval
hole in the bottom, 1" larger than the stock air cleaner.

I have made a cardboard template for the base, which will go under the
stock air cleaner, and have a  90 degree piece of metal, that you can
bend around corners, for the vertical portion of the box.  I will spot
weld the horizontal portion of the 90 degree piece to the base piece.

Unfortunately, this piece will only give me a vertical height of 3/4".
I am going to use a piece of foam to close the gap between the vertical
piece and the bottom of the hood around the hole in the hood.

If you understand this description, but have thoughts on a better
design, let me know.

Thanks

Larry

PS - Typing with a patch on one eye, because too stupid to wear safety
glasses when trying to finish some wood work in a hurry.  Stupid, but
learning.