front end

To: wittsend@jps.net
Subject: front end
From: "stan gorski" <thorlp@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 20:12:11 -0500
Tom,

After reading all the replys I now know why Howard Johnsons used to make 36
flavers of ice cream.  I went through the archives at tigers united and with
the list help here is what I am doing.
I disassembeled the entire unit, cleaned everything, and sent the A- arms
out to Doug Jennings at Tiger Auto, Riversude Ohio.  The reason for doing
this is I decided to use his fulcrum pins, His pins are around $90.00 ea.
but after speaking to him they seemed more the way to go than other
alternatives. For a couple to a few hundred he will press sumbeam
specialties black urethane bushings, install the ball joints, paint the
arms, weld the weak areas of the arms, and measure the arms with templates
he has, to assure correct dimensions. When I get them back I will do the
support fix, and use sunbeam specialties HD coil springs, probably without
the rubber donut because i understand the springs ride high, especially with
aluminum engine components. yhe standard sway bar + urethane bushings.
It seems to me most steer towards sunbeam specialties.  Many advised a
higher spring rate Carl A. sells them but in the past I have done things on
the radical side , (like a 3/4 cam in the 260) and regretted my decision.
One of my main concerns is not to destroy the roadability of the car in the
normal driving mode.
I have already committed to step 1.  Any good reasons out there why I should
change the rest of my plan?

thanks all
Stan Gorski
b9472504