stock tires

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: stock tires
From: stephen jones <joness@wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 14:00:27 -0800
Is anyone running 165/80's or 175/80's on stock 4.5" wheels?  How about
Bias Ply Tires?  (yes, I know they suck) I pulled out my original spare the
other day and maybe its just me but I like the look of the old tall tires
(6.50x13's).  I am still keeping my LAT70's with 185/70's on for the main
driving but I also have a set of stock wheels that I'd like to fit with
something tall and narrow just for the days when I am feeling a bit more
retro. I am not sure if I want to go all the way back to bias plies (Coker
has 6.50's) but I may, any one with recent experience with non radials or
80 series radials?  White walls anyone?

thanks, steve jones  B9470867