RE: stock tires

To: "Chris Thompson" <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Subject: RE: stock tires
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:16:08 -0500
Chris,
        When I bought my Tiger II in the winter of 69, the rear tires
were worn out.  I had the seller add new Goodyear snow tires( bias) to the
rear.  There were radials on the front.  I learned right away that
a normal right angle turn was good for a 360 to 720 degree turn.  Still
have the NOS snow tires in the attic, only about 50 miles on them.
 A few years ago I had a flat on one of the rear radials. I temporally
changed to B60-13 bias on the rear.  The single trip across town was
like trying to drive a marble on ice.  Bias and radials are Not a good idea.

At 06:07 PM 1/8/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I've got Dunlop bias on my new XKE.  I figured they were for show, and
>proceeded to check out what radial options I had to replace for driving.
>But everywhere I turned, people were giving options, and appending it with
>something to the effect that "of course, nothing is good as the original
>Dunlop bias if you can afford 'em!".
>
>Remember the suspension on the Tiger was, well, designed may be too strong a
>term here, but was set up for bias response.  Anybody run both bias and
>radial on the Tiger?
>
>Chris

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others