Re: Long Beach Grand Prix (April 12-14)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Long Beach Grand Prix (April 12-14)
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:24:58 -0500
I guess things haven't changed much.  In '78 a buddy and I went to the LBGP,
back when it was F1.  We were there Thursday through Monday morning, and I
saw only ONE Sunbeam the whole time, and not much else in the way of
enthusiast British stuff.  IIRC, this was an Alpine, and it was not in the
best condition.  It was in the parking area along the outside of the long
straight along the ocean. I think a lot of that has been filled in now. so
this same point would be well inland.

What a great time that was.  We stayed on the QM, with many team members,
press, etc.  The fellow in the next room spent the evening loudly editing
interview tapes with drivers and team members.  Bumped into Dennis Jenkinson
at breakfast.  We had dinner one evening next to the Fittipaldi team
mechanics and Rob Walker.  Ronnie Peterson held the elevator for us.  It
went on like this all weekend.

Stu