Re: Oh ...have you seen .....?

Subject: Re: Oh ...have you seen .....?
From: SJC Worldwide <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:27:18 -0800
Radialman@aol.com wrote:

> I have seen several Tiger owners place a filter on the main (Top) radiator
> hose...they also have put a glass or clear plastic so you could see the green
> fluid....first does this really work...and second if it does...where can one
> purchase such items...IE filter/clear tube?
>
> Jeff and Gayle

Jeff & Gayle:
It's called a Gano Filter and it does work. I run one in my Tiger and clean it
about every three months.When I do, there's an amazing amount of hard material,
like small pebbles and flakes, in the filter. If it wasn't caught in the filter,
it would find its way to the bottom of the radiator and clog it up. You do have
to remember to clean it periodically (thanks for the reminder, mine's about due
for its cleaning). CAT sells these, among other sources. I use a solid metal
Gano
filter. They do also come in clear plastic, and although the theory of being
able
to see into the filter is good, in reality, I've spoken to a couple of Tiger
owners who had the plastic filters crack and break, not good, so they changed to
the solid metal filter with no further problems. Everyone I know who uses them
has been very happy with their ability to keep their radiators clean.

Steve Sage
1967 MK1A