Bushings and "special washers"

To: "The List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bushings and "special washers"
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 21:45:14 -0800
Listers,

Are the "special washers" (description from Rootes manual) that reside on the
fulcrum pins between the small end of the front suspension bushings and the
square section of the fulcrum pins supposed to have a chamfer cut into the
I.D. on one side?

Where the fulcrum pin pivot shaft is machined out of the square section there
is a slight radius at the transition. A chamfer in the washer would allow the
washer to fit flush against the flat end of the square section of the pin.
Without a chamfer on the I.D. of the washers there is a slight gap between the
washer and end of the square section of the pin when assembled.

Or should the washer just have have a larger I.D. to allow clearance for the
slight radius on the pin?

Mike