Even more wire wheels

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Even more wire wheels
From: "Larry Wright" <LWright@impactofficepro.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 07:59:38 -0500
Steve Laifman wrote:
>Rootes never would put the Alpine hubs and wire
>wheels on the Tiger, as they couldn't take the power

        Steve, in the past couple of years, I recall seeing a photo w/caption
in some book or magazine (the late, lamented Tiger Press, maybe?), purported to
be some "offical factory photo", of a Tiger w/wires. Have you "de-bunked" this
photo, or were those non-Alpine wire wheels fitted to that car, or are you
specifically limiting the statement to production Tigers, or ?????
        Aesthically, I'm not too sure about wire wheels on a Tiger, or even an
Alpine. The car's styling might be a little too middle-of-the-Atlantic, and too
jet-age. OTOH, the sun glinting off the spokes of a set of 15x6 Borranis,
well...

Larry Wright
"I can't get no-- Satis-traction"

        BTW, coming down the access road from our local dump yesterday morning,
we passed behind a junkyard full of cars I frequented when much younger.
Perched on _top_ of one of the buildings was an emerald green (metallic, and
way too light for BRG) British sports car. From 1/4 mile or so away, I couldn't
tell the condition, nor the marque, but it appeared to have upright taillights.
The proportions looked wrong for a TR4 or a Spridget; maybe a series IV-V
Alpine? Or maybe..... no. Cannot be. I need to cruise by there on the road the
junkyard fronts on, out of curiosity.