Extinguished

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Extinguished
From: "Larry Wright" <LWright@impactofficepro.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:23:22 -0500
Steve wrote:
> Wondering what your doing to set the chrome on fire?  (8-)

(Sigh) What the official beats-head-on-desk smiley? Maybe I should've said
"fire extinguisher with a chromed finish". :^) I was planning on mounting it to
the rollbar, low enought that it won't break loose and hit me in the head in
case of a head-on, and adding a rubber band or two around the trigger to keep
the noise down would both look stupid and slow down using it need really needed.

Jim Sencindiver wrote:
>Probably the best looking Italian exotic car I have ever
> physically laid eyes on is the Maserati Mistral.

!!!!! Although a like the 3500GT and maybe the Ghibli better, the Mistral is
such a pretty Maserati. I do have a neighbor with an old Quattroporte, but
that's almost an engine-donor IMHO. OK, maybe the Southern California types
don't understand, as they're as likely as not to have pizza delivered by some
kid in a 308GTB, but even the more affluent residents here in the D.C. suburbs
aren't imaginitive enough to drive anything more distinctive than the latest
BMW or the sport-ute du jour (with a Big Bad Merc owner on this list, I was
careful to say BMW instead :^D). I get excited when I see a guy running around
here in an old Alfa GTV; at least it's different.

Bob Palmer wrote:
> Miura PV400SV
> 3.929L, 12 cyl. 385 HP @ 7,850 rpm, 2,739 lbs, top
> speed 179.8 mph and looks
> sexy as hell too.

Good to know, Bob; it sure wouldn't be right if it were only 3.928 litres. :^)
Maybe tonight I'll just watch the opening titles of The Italian Job.

Larry Wright
"I can't get no-- Satis-traction"