Do overbored 260's really overheat? Seeking verified

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Do overbored 260's really overheat? Seeking verified
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:56:43 -0500
My precious virgin 260 has returned from the highly recommend machine shop
with boring bar tool marks visible in two cylinder walls. You can feel the
marks with your fingernail. The cylinders are already 0.030" over.
I'm about ready to cry.
The old mechanics tales state that 260s bored over 0.040 tend to overheat.
Does anyone have any first hand experience with this problem, or have a
scientific explanation of why this would happen?
    I would like to hear from anyone on the list that has first hand
experience with a overheat problem that was verified to be related to an
overbore.
If you have experienced this concern, please get back to me ASAP, as this
collection of what may now be worthless junk goes back to the machine shop
monday morning.
    Perhaps I should have listened to those who advised me to get a 302.
All I can say is %$@!!*%&#(($!!!!!!.

Happy Motoring
Doug Leithauser