Re: Proto For Sale

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Proto For Sale
From: Rob Guerra <tiger351w@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 00:38:34 -0800
At 03:29 PM 3/7/2002 -0800, Tom Witt wrote:
>Hmmm. I saw that car (the prototype) when I stumbled upon Tigers United in
>Eureka back in 1997 while I was on vacation. I took a number of "before'
>pictures.

The Miles prototype has been for sale for some time.  Most all the cars
from the Cheadle collection have been sold at this time.  The Miles car is
one of the last to go.  Several Tiger owners were approached and had the
opportunity to purchase the car, but no one stepped forward.  Now it seems
the car may our close faternity.

>   Also of interest is the Tiger that was declared "bogus" a while back at
>"Cars with Class" in Santa Monica is still listed on Hemmings a few cars
>down. Apparently "they" (who ever they are) never followed through when they
>told someone on the list it would be relisted as a conversion!!!

After Norm exposed the car in Santa Monica I stopped by the showroom to
take a look for myself.  However, the car was gone.... I asked if they
(Cars with Class) ever got Sunbeams but they said only very rarely.  He
later went on to tell me they just sold a "Tiger".....no a " Tiger
Re-fit"  what ever that was supposed to be.  The sales person was very
evasive so I left.  On the way out I noticed they had a display/ad in the
window that show the Tiger with the words "SOLD" written across it.