RE: Uncle Wally and Fond Memories

To: "'Larry Paulick'" <larry.p@erols.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Uncle Wally and Fond Memories
From: Sencindiver Jim D NSSC <SencindiverJD@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:54:20 -0500
        Shortly after I bought my Tiger 2 years ago, I had the wonderful
opportunity to meet with Wally Swift at his house and be "indoctrinated"
into the Tiger community, as well as pick up a couple of rare, but needed
items.  I made the mistake of calling him "Mr. Swift", since I was brought
up to respect my elders, and I was a true neophyte when it came to Tigers.
Wally told me, in no uncertain terms that "Mr. Swift was my Father!  Call me
Wally!"  We spent better than 2 hours talking about the Tiger's origins, his
involvement as the East Coast Chrysler rep for Tigers and Autocrossing, all
the while moving from one pile of parts, to another, to his Tiger and his
Alpine.  We then moved inside and I was regaled with all the models Wally
had collected, and of course, more parts and more Tiger conversation.  By
the time I left, my knowledge about Tigers had at least quadrupled!  I ran
into Wally again at the TACFest last September, and he warmly remembered our
first meeting.  I was glad to see that his Tiger, which had been in a
horrible accident, was again in running condition, although he said it still
needed more work, particularly the interior.
        Although my meetings with Wally were limited, I could tell that he
was a real "car guy" and truly enjoyed everything about them.  Tigerdom has
lost a true believer.

Keep on Tigering!

Jim Sencindiver, PMS411C6
Systems Engineering Group