Re: Missing

To: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Missing
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 21:43:26 -0500
At 07:52 PM 3/10/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Jim, fuel filters, including the filters in the carb, are worth looking
>at, in case new tank has something.
>
>Anything else new in fuel or elec. lately?  That is the easiest place to start.
>
>MSD's work or don't work.  Coil will crap out at high demand and with
>heat, so if you have another coil, give it a try.  Also, if I remember,
>the Ford distr. has a module, and they sometimes go bad, but again,
>usually, work or not.
>
>Hope this helps, but knowing you, probably already tried.
>
>Larry
>       Can't work on it till this week end.  My comute to/from work today
was OK,
except I noticed the idle was down 200 RPM from my normal 1000 RPM.
I think that long ago I removed the bronze filter in the Holly Double pumper.
Have been using an inline filter next to the carb.  If checking all easy
fuel problems
have no sucess, then I may have to try to reach into the guts of the fuel cell
in case the fuel pickup has been disloged or something.  It is buried under
foam.  I have noticed that when fuel is below 1/3 tank and I make a sharp U turn
or wait on traffic on a steep downhill slope, then the Tiger misses or
completely
cuts out for a good 1/2 block in normal driving.
        It would seems that the coil would give more problems during
acceleration,
but I will also swap it out.  The Tack was reading steady, so I do not suspect
the MSD or the pickup.

Following is non-Tiger:

Tonight, my wife had the hood up on her Chev. Checked and alternator
was out. Just finished replacement. Tigers are a LOT easier to work on.
Had to get it done right away because my wife has to go up to NASA about
midnight
for the Shuttle landing at around 4:30 AM.
        By the way, her "Snap Shot" of the Shuttle Launch wound up being
better than the NASA photos, so it was put on the KSC web site.  Wound up
on front page of many newspapers.  Anita, Is not a photographer  for NASA.
She writes all the info associated with each photo and puts them on the
Kennedy Space Center NASA web site.  Her "Hot Picks" page is used worldwide
by news orgizations to download the latest NASA photos.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others