Re: Change

To: <RockStar30cars@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Change
From: "steven Kirk" <stevenkirk@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:39:47 -0600
To change from a LHD to RHD the following work would need to be done to the
car. This is based on a series 2 Alpine.

Change the dashboard including glovebox and surround to LHD
The wiring would also need to be modified or changed ( I am unsure of the
best way to do this modify the original or replace the loom)
Change the idler arm and steering box to RHD
Change the pedals clutch throttle and brake to RHD (RHD and LHD pedals are
different)
Move the clutch master cylinder to the right side of the car and replace the
pipe to the slave cylinder with a longer one.
Replace the brake master cylinder the LHD car has a separate reservoir the
RHD car does not. The brake pipe from the master cylinder to the union on
the inner fender will need to be replaced with a shorter one.
Move the brake light switch to the right side of the car (The floor mounting
plate is different on RHD and LHD cars)
Replace the speedo and rev counter cables the RHD and LHD cables are
different lengths.
Move the handbrake to the right hand side I believe the mechanism on the
rear axle would need to be replaced with a RHD one.
The windscreen wipers on LHD and RHD cars park on opposite sides of the car.

Steve Kirk
1962 series 2