Re: Several simple questions

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@cox-internet.com>
Subject: Re: Several simple questions
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:46:42 -0800
"James E. Pickard" wrote:

> My hood pops open when I drive, and I have to pull on the bonnet handle
> while lifting the hood to open it.  Obviously, I need to adjust the latch.
> Which way to I move the latch to fix the problem?  I know if I move it too
> much, it won't open at all, so I want to do this in some increments.

Jim,

While I cannot answer all your questions, there is some help that can be
provided. All the information you need in on http://www.TigersUnited.com
The Search engine will find you plenty of references to the search for
"hood latch" (exact phrase) so read amongst.

My own comments, which were easy to do, and once done, never redo again,
can be found on http://www.TigersUnited.com/techtips/tt-body9.asp

Just scroll down the page to the many pictures of the latch and process,
right below "Jim Pickard's question on the same subject in Aug.,
1999!!!!!! (9-)

> I replaced the chrome trim ring around the shift boot within the past two
> years.  I think I got it from SS.  It is already showing signs of corrosion
> and pitting in our humid climate.  I remember someone saying there was a
> higher quality piece available.  Does anybody have a source for such a part?

Yes. I bought mine from a Cobra parts supplier, of which there are many.
This one is a SOLID piece, not stamped steel, and very finely made.

Sorry, Don't have any Hurst information.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman