Re: More Fire Extinguisher Queries

To: hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au
Subject: Re: More Fire Extinguisher Queries
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 01:27:13 EDT
I just got a catalog from Racers Wholesale
of Roswell, GA (Not CA) and it lists brand new
Halon fire systems and well as CEA-614.
Both of which are not cheap.  Their website
is listed as:  www.racerwholesale.com.

As to the ozone level being enlarged by current
use of Halon, I understand that it will take at
least 2 or generations for the halon released
at the surface to reach the ozone hole altitude.
By then I will have other problems to worry about.

I believe this planet's and this country's problem
is caused by the increased numbers of human
beings.  I remember when LA was sunny and
had clean air. Now there are millions living in LA.
Think about the impact of millions of people
and their cars.  No wonder things are worse.

My hometown had less than 6000 people.
Now its over 150,000.  Everywhere its crowded.
Where did the people come from?  I know they
forced the farmers off their prime land to build
houses.  Now the farmers must move to less
productive land and fertilize the hell out of it to
grow more crops to feed the larger numbers.
The runoff of the increased fertilizer pollutes
the stream.  My uncle's farm had over 3 feet
of top soil and grew good crops with little
fertilizer.  Now its a Walmart parking lot.

Even with ZPG, the population will continue
to rise for 40 years.  I have no answers.

Dave Johnson