Re: Sandblasters and Cabinet Blasters

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sandblasters and Cabinet Blasters
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 20:51:15 -0500
Hi, Dan:

I can't lay claim to knowing a whole lot about blast cabinets, but I do have
one in my home shop.  I found myself using my friend's cabinet so much that
I was afraid I was going to wear out my welcome over there, so I just bought
one.

I bought a Skat Blast cabinet; you've probably seen them advertised in the
TIP catalogs and Hemmings.  It is a high quality unit that is easy to
operate and easy to change the media in.  It works perfectly with my
compressor, which has almost exactly the same specs that yours does.  True
enough, it was expensive but was well worth it, in my opinion.  I'm always
reminded of a saying that a friend of mine has, "Always buy the best, or the
one you want, and you'll only cry once."  With that in mind, I would whole
heartedly recommend that you don't let the money be your deciding factor
(within reason, of course...).  Hold off buying until you can afford a
decent unit;  if you buy a lesser cabinet, you'll probably regret it at some
point or another.

Give me a shout if you have any particular questions about my cabinet and
I'll get my owner's manual out and tell you what you need to know.

Take care,
Andy Walker
B382001600LRXFE