Tiger Tune

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiger Tune
From: Shaun Laughy <tigerv8@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 00:32:41 -0700
I'm just getting ready to get the Tiger on the road for the year and am
facing my first full tune-up (it had just been done when I bought the car
last year).  Here's the problem:  I'm not sure what the settings should be
for the car.  From what I am told, the engine is a 5.0 (unknown vintage --
I'll try to check the codes), it has Tiger headers, a 600 Holley and, as it
runs quite smoothly at idle, it probably has a pretty mild cam.  The
ignition is an MSD 6AL with and MSD ProBillet distributor.  That's all I
really know about it, so I'm wondering if anyone can suggest specs for plug
type/gap, timing, etc.  The car seems to run quite well now, so I can
probably just swap out for what is in there, but will still need to know the
appropriate gap.  Also, jetting on the carb is probably a little off as ever
since if fixed the gas tank/fuel line restriction problem, the car seems to
surge a bit when letting off the throttle from wide open throttle.  If
anyone knows a good tuning shop the Vancouver, BC, Canada area that is
familiar with jetting and setting up ford V8's, I would appreciate hearing
about it.

Thanks for any help!

Shaun