Re: Fulcrum pin removal

To: mills.richard@ssd.loral.com
Subject: Re: Fulcrum pin removal
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 17:10:29 EDT
Rick

Recommend you find a shop with an arbor press.

Also please tell me that you are not going to use
delron bushings in your A-arms.  I have issued
many warnings to the list that the use of delron
or other solid bushing will results in the eventual
sudden failure of the pin.  This is regardless of
the type of pin: stock, 4140, titanium, etc.

Recommend you use stock bushings which
are getting hard to find or Rick McLeod's
poly bushings.  According to my expert
metalurgist, this should reduce the likelihood
of the pin failing, but not totally eliminate
the problem.  Only a complete suspension
redesign will do this.

Dave Johnson B382002668(under repair) Aurora, IL