Rack and pinion

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Rack and pinion
From: "JIM McGee" <jimmcgee65@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 19:04:43 -0700
Hey Listers,
I just took my tiger in for alignment.  My alignment guy says that the
passenger side arm of my rack is dangerously close to coming off.  I've had
the rack off a couple of times before (several years ago) and noticed that
one arm had alot more play in it (passenger side- limp noodle) than the
other (driver side- stiff, will hold it's position when moved).
Just wondered if others have encountered and dealt with a similar problem.

P.S. To Chris Richards,
I'm just taking my chances with the e-brake rod clearance and hope I never
get airborn.

Sincerely,
Jim McGee