Electrical gauge and oil pressure

To: "Tiger News Group List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical gauge and oil pressure
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 22:03:14 -0400
Listers,
Temp gauge - Well thanks to some input from Theo, Larry P. and Stu B. I
realized that when I took the voltage regulator off to replace the speedo
cable I ... UHHH .... DUHHH never remounted it so there was NO ground. Once
I bolted it up it works perfectly and explains why it never boiled over. The
temp was solidly at 195 in traffic and dropped to about 185 at 45 MPH speed.
It was a fairly warm day today and it cools just fine. A little bit of
vehicle speed and it drops almost instantly.
FIXED !!

Oil pressure - after my conversation with Lunati they indicated that they
set the stroker oil pumps up using the 10lbs per 1000 RPM rule and that they
shoot for about 25-30lbs idling. The reason they like to manage the pressure
is that if you have too much oil volume it can overpower the lower oil
control ring forcing it to work too hard and it can start to load with oil.
He said that they do NOT like to have massive amounts of oil pressure as it
all winds up in the valve covers or is slung off of the crank into the lower
cylinder bores. After thinking about it I am satisfied with the answer but I
am going to watch the oil pressure regardless and if necessary I may just
shim the bypass spring .020 or so. Once broken in I will switch to a good
synthetic.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager