Re: Tiger Antenna

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tiger Antenna
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 08:44:19 -0700
Dave,

I have a fiberglass hood, Pertronix ignition, hot coil (but not the
hottest, and no static.

The solution is at least 50 years old. Cars have been using resistor
spark plugs and wire, which eliminate this, as well as the newer radios
are better shielded and filtered on the power leads.

The antenna mount (wire shield) must also be grounded on the body by the
antenna( usually through the clamp connection).

Of course, a good CD solves all these issues, but has old news programs (9-)

Performance shielded or resistor ignition wire IS available, and at the
high voltage systems looses little energy.

I do seem to recall that the early Corvettes had their ignition wires
inside steel cable boxes for this issue, but I do not think (?) they
still do.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman