Eletrical/Fuel pump ???

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Eletrical/Fuel pump ???
From: laceyf@crosslink.net
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:41:28 -0400
Listers Please Help.
    Tonight I finally put my rebuilt speedometer in the 66 Tiger.  Thought I'd
gotten it all ready to ride. The fuel pump (original) wouldn't pump. The tiger
started but quit right away. The only way I could make it run was with a
little gas in the carb. I tapped on the fuel pump with no success. I had
noticed that the tach wasn't operating or I hadn't noticed it. The fuel guage
wasn't registering and the blower/wipers won't work. I even put gas in it. The
head lights and radio worked (go figure). I installed a petronix a month ago
and it worked just fine for a 2 hour ride out and 2 hours back. No problems
till tonight. I had a difficult time getting the passenger side of the speedo
hold down on and the nut on it. I looped the black (ground) wire on the stud
and tightened. I checked both fuses and they were okay. Maybe the fuel pump is
okay. But why did the temp/blower/tach/wipers are all not work this time when
it did for my previous trip and what have I done to it? I hope my voltage
regulator didn't blow with me pushing the wires on that side around to get the
speedo holder on correctly.  Can you help me Please?  Right confused.  Any and
all assistance will be greatly appreciated.    Thanks, Mark