Re: ampmeter

To: TM <strombecker@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: ampmeter
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:02:07 -0700
TM wrote:

> Trying to find out how the optional amp meter was originally wired in.  I am
>trying to keep everything original looking, so would like to know what color
>of wire etc. was used and how it was done.  If any body has pics or info
>please let me know.
>
> Thanks
> Terry

Terry,

Check http://www.TigersUnited.com and look at the Workshop Manual,
Electrical (Section N). Full color schematics, including connectors, are
shown. The Ammeter wires are Brown, and shown in dashed lines to the
Control bos and the Starter Motor relay, battery side. This is 30 amp or
greater heavy wire.

A voltmeter uses small gauge wire, carries practically no current, looks
similar, but was not originally offered. Much safer, though.  This is
why Ammeters disappeared and were replaced by voltmeters (or idiot
lights on plebian cars).

--
Steve Laifman