My 2 cents

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: My 2 cents
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:32:05 -0400
Mark,
Fuel issues usually develop over time and I would lead to the ignition
investigation. Since the issue happened suddenly and the car seems to be
missing badly diagnostics need to be done to rule out components. I would
start with ignition and specifically the coil as they either work or do not
and it could be that it just gave up the ghost. Check for the strength of
spark first as it is easy to do. Just hold the wire away from a grounded
bolt and check to see the intensity. It should be bright and crisp. Secondly
I would go to the points, condenser and ballast resistor then to the plug
wires. Then check to insure that the choke did not accidentally close. Then
start to diagnose the fuel system and consider new filters and check fuel
pressure. My factory style pump gives me about 2.5 - 3.0 pounds of pressure.
If things do not resolve them selves it could be a jumped timing chain (gosh
I hope not) or the distributor advance plate could have moved internally due
to wear.
I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (949) 305-5394
Cell: (949) 439-4784
email: timothy.ronak@akzonobel.com
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy,
forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender.