SUNBEAM NORTHWEST 2002 update

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net, hillman@can-inc.com
Subject: SUNBEAM NORTHWEST 2002 update
From: PacificTigerClub@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:36:44 EDT
Hi From Sunbeam Northwest Headquarters Longview/Kelso Washington!

The Latest 8-7-2002 www.solidnet.com/~btsracing/

Remember it's the driving that makes these cars so much fun.

I stopped by the Super 8 Motel and spoke with Lisa at the front desk and she
is still holding rooms!!!  Lisa said she will hold them until the 13th (that
is 5 more days) and after that, you will have to sweet talk your way into the
15% discount block of rooms (we have 16 to 17 rooms filled already). That
means you will get 15% off the 1 bed at $57.88+tax, 2 bed at $62.88+tax.
360-423-8880 Way to go Super 8!!

Pre-registration is over as of Saturday 10th.

You can register at the event when you arrive.

Everything is in Place for the event we JUST NEED YOU!

Thursday: Registration will be open early 12:00 noon to 3 p.m. Drive to
Cannon Beach, OR. For dinner (your choice) about 3:30 p.m. This drive is
optionalb&but it will be great to see the coast. Kinda romanticb&for some of
us! Room check in will be at 2 p.m. Sonoco race fuel is available 24 hour in
Longview, ask Brian where.

Friday: Registration will be open at South Sound Speedway most of the day. We
will be flexible with registration at the track. We will have a spot set up
for registration when you enter the track.

The Autocross should start around 10 a.m. We will be setting up the coarse at
9 a.m. We will have a tech crew all day. Please tech your car before the
event. We have the track until 7 p.m. I want to get as many drivers on the
Fastest 3/8's track in the West as we can! The event will end when we run out
of drivers or at the 7 p.m. end. The track burger stand will be open.

Bonus event: Late night Drags at PIR 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. This is with the new
Import crowd. We can show them that the old 60's Import crowd had loud pipes
too.

Saturday: Get up early and have a good breakfastb&may we suggest Stuffy's.
Lots of choices. Meet at Mt St Helens Visitor Center at Silver Lake, 8:30
a.m. Right across the street from Seaquest State Park. We will give you your
instructions for the morning drive. This is optional. Saturday morning is up
to you. We will provide lunch at the Mountain. Lunch will happen at 11am. We
will meet back at the hotel after lunch for the Rally!  The Rally will start
at 2p.m. but first we will have a driver's meeting at 1:45p.m. Rally Team
Check in at 1:30 p.m. at the Super 8 hotel. Dinners at the Blue Oval Refuge
(Bogdon's) after you have completed the Rally!!! It's going to be a big
drive!

Bonus night two: need more speed? Late Night Drags at PIR again!! Anybody
want to show how a Sunbeam makes rice into baby food?? Just friendly
competition. Any takers??? 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Sunday: Car show at Kalama, WA. We will join in at the Untouchables car club
Show at Kalama!  We will have our own area for our show. You will not pay for
their show unless you want to do both. We need to be in Kalama by 10:00 a.m.
in our area. Kalama has small shops and antique stores. Restaurants that even
Elvis ate at!!  This is for real. The Untouchables will have a live band
going plus all the coolest Hot Rods, Street Rods and classic Muscle cars
etc!!!!  They take over all of downtown Kalama. Last year they had just under
400 cars.

We will need to depart at 2:30 p.m. to head back for dinner in Longview. We
could use a phone call if you are planning on coming and have not registered,
so to give Danielle's a head count for the dinner. They are working on their
day off and we have the restaurant all to ourselves. Doors open at 3 p.m. and
dinner at 4 p.m. Then we will have the awards!  Now all that will be left is
to say all the Good-byes! That then will lead into "what, were and when will
be the next SBNW" ...any volunteers?? Thanks for coming and safe journey
home.

Brian Bogdon