Bonnet (Hood) Fun

Subject: Bonnet (Hood) Fun
From: ssage@socal.rr.com
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:17:58 -0700
In addition to my brake fun today, my hood (bonnet) stuck closed for
part of the day. I finally got it open when with repeated pulling of the
hood release, I finally heard a "click" and the hood came open.

I haven't changed anything under there, although I did have the heater
cover/hood latch piece off a couple of weeks ago to check the water
hoses under there. The hood worked OK since then until today (although
it has never been especially easy to open. It takes a reall pull on the
handle). The hood release is of the solid bar type, rather than the
later thin wire type, by the way.

Is there anything in Sunbeam literature about hood adjustemt I can refer
to? I've done this job a few times through the years just by the hit and
miss method, but I'm always afraid I'll adjust things the wrong way and
really get it so it won't open.

Should any of those parts be lubed, and with what?

I'd like to be sure I have it adjusted properly before I "lock" it
again.

Steve Sage
Tiger MK1A