Re: Ideas for England x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Chris Thompson <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Subject: Re: Ideas for England x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:51:52 -0700
Chris Thompson wrote:

> Someone wrote a review of Beaulieu in the TE/AE journal a coupla years ago,
> and he said it was a total bust.  Very few Rootes parts, and everything much
> more expensive than here in the states.  Maybe you want to take some parts
> with you, Jim ;-)
>
> Chris

Chris,
Beaulieu is the British National Trust Heritage Museum on the private
estate of Lord Beaulieu, who was also an auto enthusiast/racer. In is
nonprofit, government run, and the only thing it sells are models and
T-shirts, etc. in it's Giftte Shoppe. I got an elegant scale XK-120
mounted in a clear case at a reasonable price.

They have the original Rootes land speed record holder, amongst other
things of that nature, and  one of the best auto museums (and
motorcycle) in England.

I don't understand your quoted statement about 'few Rootes parts', or
something (parts?) is more expensive. They have the entire car. They
don't sell exhibits, parts, or anything but regular souvenirs.

Never heard from a disappointed visitor before. It was a major highlight
of my trip.

Maybe you could check that review and clarify? It is totally inaccurate
from what I experienced.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman