Value of Tiger in the Midwest

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Value of Tiger in the Midwest
From: Dave Abbott <djabbo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:01:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,

Getting a fair amount of disparity (from Tiger owners
I have asked) as to the value of a 64 Tiger I am
thinking about purchasing.  Thought I would throw it
by the experts!  I know valuation is tough this way -
but I'm looking for general feedback.

The facts:

SN#s do not match.  1964 Chassis, 1965 engine from a
Fairlane.

Engine was balanced and blue printed, about 25K miles
on the rebuild, new Holly 4bbl carburetor, lots of
chrome, nicely painted - SPOTLESS engine compartment.
Will need to upgrade to aluminum radiator (or install
aggressive fan) as it tends to get very hot if not
moving. Runs great otherwise.

Exterior - upgraded rims and tires, reasonable tread
left.  Chrome is in excellent condition, paint is good
to excellent, guardsman red (couple of small scratches
and one 3 inch crack).  No rust on the frame.  VERY
strong curb appeal.

Interior: Rough compared to rest of the car - Seats
are out of a TR7 as the current owner was too tall for
the originals.  Most gauges work, will need to
refinish the dash.  Have the parts for the soft top,
original has completely come apart. Needs carpet.

Thanks in advance,

-dave