Re: Solve the Problem

To: dleit@worldnet.att.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solve the Problem
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:15:02 EDT
In a message dated 9/10/02 8:42:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dleit@worldnet.att.net writes:

<<  I would have thought that a loose distributor was a mechanical problem
 too, but I won't whine about that. >>
I won't complain about mechanical versus electrical part of the problem.  The
fun thing was thinking about how it could have happened.  I thought the
timing might have been screwed up, but then I spent quite a while thinking
about how changing the starter could have messed up the timing.  I couldn't
come up with any credible scenario that a good mechanica would have caused so
I looked elsewhere. It was an interesting exercise even if it was for a trick
question.  Basic problem solving says check what changed and since we only
were given the starter it made for an good chance to think outside the box.
I remember the old logic problem of connecting all the dots in a grid of 9
dots with only 4 lines without taking your pencil off the paper. If you don't
go outside the grid, you don't solve the problem  That is really a good
lesson for all of us to learn and I thank Larry for it, even if it hurt a bit
to learn it.   I think I'll go check my distributor hold down bolt.  :)

Rob
Melbourne FL