Re: Carb retrun spring questions.

To: "Steve Sage" <ssage@socal.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb retrun spring questions.
From: "Paul Heuer" <pheuer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 15:06:07 -0500
Steve,
I've had the same battle with my Alpine running the twin downdraught
Zeniths. Mine is definitely related to heat exapnsion rates of the throttle
plate and butterfly. I still haven't solved it completely. Next step it to
recon another throttle plate to eliminate the troublesome unit. Could your
problem be related to heat rather than engine on/off?

On the Zeniths the extra return spring worked for a while as the car warmed
up, but it still stuck sometimes when the car was at full operating temp.

No vac secondaries on the Zeniths ;-) so I can't help on the second point.
Cheers,
Paul.