Re: Did you hear it's gone south !!!!!!!

To: Radialman@aol.com
Subject: Re: Did you hear it's gone south !!!!!!!
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:18:41 EDT
If your pump is the stock SU pump, then SS
and Doug Jennings carry quality replacements.
If you are in a hurry, Jaguars used the same
pump.  Try an old dealer. Be sure and keep
you old fittings.  They are not available anywhere.

But you should try and determine why the
pump died.  If the points burned out, they
used to make replacement points.  But I
don't know who has them now.

Check your fuel filter.  If you have black
flecks, then your pump failed because the
lining of your gas tanks are being eaten
away by todays 'gasoline'.  You should
address this issue when replacing the
pump.  Also be sure and add a filter
BEFORE and AFTER the pump.

As I have noted to this list before, I strongly
suspect that soon every Tiger and Alpine
owner will be redoing their tanks.  Its not
a matter of mileage.  Its a matter of how
long the 'gasoline' has been in our tanks.

Dave Johnson