Speedometer cable length

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedometer cable length
From: david.wedeking@teradyne.com
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:13:20 -0700
There has been a lot of discussion about the effect of the length of the
speedometer cable on the behavior of the speedometer. My question is: does
the speedometer cable float inside the shell or is it retained at one end?
I have an original shell (the outer, fixed part) with a replacement cable
(core wire) replaced by a local shop 10 years ago. The cable floats freely
in my setup. If this is normal, what keeps the cable from always pushing
on the speedometer mechanism? My speedometer is operating in an unstable
manor.

David Wedeking
1967 Tiger Mk 1A   B382002420LRXFE
Hillsboro, OR